Safer cultures and professional boundaries
Who should attend?
All managers with a responsibility for staff teams.
Half day or full day workshops available Monday to Saturday.
All organisations who work with vulnerable people are guided by professional boundaries and codes of conducts that are in place to promote a safer culture for staff and for tenants. This workshop identify’s risks relating to a diverse range of issues such as personal disclosures, dealing with gifts, social media etc and it will equip staff with the skills and knowledge to keep themselves, tenants and the organisation safe in all circumstances. This course will focus on the importance of setting and keeping healthy boundaries and how to identify situations before things go wrong. It will look at good practice with interesting scenarios that will bring the issues to life with real life outcomes for each situation and will equip managers with strategies to build a safer culture.
Key Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Be clear about the requirements for setting legal and ethical boundaries and the organisations relevant policies and procedures
- Have a greater understanding of Data Protection and confidentiality
- Be able to use strategies to promote a safer culture
- An awareness of Mental Capacity issues
- Understand how to respond to allegations
- Be aware of the safeguarding issues and organisational abuse
- Be able to support vulnerable tenants
- Be clear about the law, guidance and regulations