Strong foundations – Team building
Who should attend?
The workshop is appropriate for entire teams of a childcare setting up to a maximum of 15 delegates.
Full day – 6 hours or half day – 4 hours
This workshop is designed for childcare teams who work in the same setting, to develop a culture of team spirit. It is a highly interactive workshop that encourages every member of the team to work with each other throughout the session. The workshop focuses on the importance of clear communication within the team and involves delegates in a range of activities designed to promote excellent communication skills.
Delegates will develop a clear understanding of their own and each others responsibilities and appreciate each others strengths and weaknesses. Individual roles and responsibilities will be reviewed to appreciate how each individual in the team contributes to the collective work and aims of the whole team and the setting.
- Appreciate how teams work and how they progress through different stages
- Understand how to work effectively as part of a team and how to support other members of the team to contribute
- Be clear about the benefits of team work for the whole team, children, parents and the business
- Understand personal individual role and responsibilities and how each member of the team contributes to the team
- Be able to apply the principles of effective communication both verbally and in writing
- Be able to provide clear and constructive feedback to team members to foster a culture of honest and open communication between the whole team
- Be able to create and implement a vision statement that will remind the team of the key principles of the setting