Refresher safeguarding for childcare
Who should attend?
The workshop is appropriate for all childcare practitioners working in any type of childcare setting, including childminders. This is a refresher workshop for practitioners who have completed basic safeguarding training.
Half day – 4 hours
This workshop will refresh knowledge and understanding of current legislation relevant to safeguarding children including Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010, EYFS Framework, The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, The Common Assessment Framework for children and young people2007, Childcare Act 2006 and The Children Act 1989 & 2004. Delegates attending the workshop will be able to review and edit the setting’s current safeguarding policy and procedure to ensure that it is up to date, sufficient and incorporates local Safeguarding Children Board policies and procedures.
- Be able to use tools for the dissemination of information, roles and responsibilities to all staff in the setting and be clear about the importance of sound methods to ensure monitoring of information is in place.
- Be clear about their role in the management of, and recording of information for safeguarding processes including allegations management and attending case conferences.
- Be confident to report any allegations or disclosures following the correct local Safeguarding procedures for making a referral.
- Be aware of relevant local and national organisations and agencies.
- Be able to cascade information to staff about the key points raised in the workshop.